HAL, sound cards and laptops

Lennart Poettering mzuny at 0pointer.de
Mon Aug 7 06:15:10 PDT 2006

On Mon, 07.08.06 11:07, Johannes Berg (johannes at sipsolutions.net) wrote:

> Lennart Poettering wrote:
> >- Has anybody been looking into exposing information about those "RF
> >  Kill" buttons in HAL? The HAL spec has a namespace "button" and
> >  currently defines only "lid", "power" and "sleep" as possible
> >  types. Maybe it would make sense to add "bluetooth-kill" and
> >  "wlan-kill" to this list?
> >
> Are you aware of Ivo's rfkill patches for Linux that are most likely
> going in some time?

Yes, I am aware of those. However, on my laptop the WLAN/Bluetooth
button is accessible from userspace anyway, because it produces some
strange keypress events. On my laptop there is no need for any
rfkill driver in kernel space. However, what I am looking for is a
subsystem in HAL for this.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] net
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.net/lennart/