hal Digest, Vol 13, Issue 31

Arvind Ayyangar arvind.ayyangar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 12:48:00 PDT 2006

> hi,
> can anyone tell me where is the code written for finding the moint
> point(point where the device needs to b mounted). for eg /media/usbdisk?

the moutpoints are not hard coded as they are different for different
devices

is it written in hald or udev .

they are stored in fdi files...
here is an e.g.

suppose u wanna change the degfault position where ur device is mounted from
the default /media/usbdisk to /media/celunite, it can be done as follows. it
can be done by modifying /etc/hal/fdi/policy/preferences.fdi

<device>
    <match key="info.udi"
string="/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/volume_uuid_E265_5E6A">
      <merge key="volume.policy.desired_mount_point"
type="string">celeunite</merge>
      <merge key="volume.policy.mount_option.iocharset=iso8859-15"
type="bool">true</merge>
      <merge key="volume.policy.mount_option.sync" type="bool">true</merge>
    </match>
  </device>

i guess that should work...

thanks,

--
Regards
  ARviND AyyangaR

"Success is not measured by what a man accomplishes, but by the opposition
he has encountered, and the courage with which he maintained the struggle
against overwhelming odds."