Printer Ink levels and capabilities

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 13:45:33 PDT 2006

sounds great...

> > Finally I want to say that I would be very pleased if libinklevel was
> > integrated into HAL and so found a much wider audience.
>
> Okay, so other than the code, do you have any interface definition? For
> instance, we need to define methods and properties in a general way for
> each printer.
>
> For instance, for my old epson, I could imagine:
>
> printer.number_cartridges = 2 (int)
> printer.cartridge_names = {black, composite}
> printer.ink_level = {80, 45} (strlist)
> printer.interface_type = "epson" (string)

that would be black and colour right?
ink level is sometimes 'not low' and 'low' and doesn't really give specific
values.
also libinklevel could do with using some of the information from HAL in
order to fill in some of the missing information that may be required, such
as number of cartrides, cartride names and any options that may modify the
request.

<any others as required>