LCD backlight values

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Sun Feb 5 09:44:50 PST 2006

The hal lcd brightness code currently seems to assume that all lcd
brightness information is under /proc/acpi somewhere, which is not
inherently the case (I've just written a couple of drivers for HP and
Dell machines which expose it via sysfs). Should it not be the case that
we unconditionally have an LCD object on laptops, and then conditionally
provide brightness get/set routines?

For tablets, it might also be an idea to add a field for orientation.
I've figured out how to get the orientation on a Toshiba tablet, but
there doesn't really seem to be anywhere to put it at the moment.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org