ACPI reporting discharing, when AC is online and battery is full

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd at luon.net
Fri Feb 17 11:40:25 PST 2006

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 10:34:24AM -0500, Ryan Lortie wrote:
> HAL is definitely at fault here.  Ubuntu Dapper has been shipping a
> patch against battstat that I wrote to fix this.  It's a hack because it
> basically ignores all but the most basic information from HAL and works
> everything out for itself.
>
> I'll likely ship the patch in Gnome 2.14 since it's been getting tested
> in Dapper and seems to work great.  Of course, ideally, HAL would fix
> this itself.

Right, it seems you and HAL upstream disaggree. What other information from hal
do you don't trust, as you say you only use the ``most basic'' info ?

To be honest, something in me feels that HAL should indeed try to work around
these kinds of hardware quirks. That's part of being a nice Hardware
Abstraction Layer imho...

  Sjoerd
--
As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.