General questions about HAL

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Sat Feb 25 11:18:12 PST 2006

Le Mercredi 22 Février 2006 18:19, Artem Kachitchkine a écrit :

> You can start with:
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fHalBuildInstructions
>
> Prerequisites are listed there.

At least, I managed to build HAL successfully. My system: Slackware Linux
10.2, kernel 2.6.14, XFCE desktop.

I must say that I miss some comprehensive docs about HAL. Let me give you an
example: to understand udev, there is the excellent tutorial on
http://www.reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html. Just read it from A to Z,
and even a non-developer like me will get a firm grasp on the thing. I'm
looking for something similar on HAL. Is there something out there? I'm not a
lamer for RTFM (or else, I wouldn't use Slackware:oD)

Cheers,

Niki Kovacs

PS: is this list more developer- or user-oriented? Or both?