General questions about HAL

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Sun Feb 26 03:11:51 PST 2006

Le Dimanche 26 Février 2006 11:51, Artem Kachitchkine a écrit :
> For problem resolution, try googling mail archives (but not too far in the
> past). It helps to install a distro that ships with HAL and compare your
> configuration with theirs; bringing up latest HAL on a HAL-less distro is
> harder than on a HAL-ful. If you hit the wall, ask here.

Artem,

Thanks very much for your detailed and fast response: I appreciate!

I'm currently experimenting the dbus/hal/pmount combination with Thunar, the
new (and yet alpha) filemanager for XFCE: works like a charm! Only small
problem I have yet to resolve: build hal without fstab-sync. I tried
--disable-fstab-sync, but it's still there.

Cheers,

Niki