gtk-doc (Was Re: hal/libhal-storage libhal-storage.c, 1.32, 1.33 libhal-storage.h, 1.17, 1.18)

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Sun Feb 26 12:45:27 PST 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-26 at 18:35 +0100, Danny Kukawka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What was the reason for this change (and this new depenceny) from doxygen to
> gtk-doc? Was this really needed?

Possibly a subjective thing but it comes down to that I like a) the HTML
output from gtk-doc a lot better than the output from Doxygen; and b)
the doc format for inline sources is nicer too. It also integrates with
e.g. devhelp which I've also found very useful.

> Why do we need with every new version new
> dependencies?

HAL should build just fine without gtk-doc being available, I did test
that, shout if it doesn't, thanks.

    David