Mega ACPI and PMU cleanup

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Sun Feb 26 14:30:04 PST 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-26 at 23:12 +0100, Danny Kukawka wrote:
> On Sunday 26 February 2006 22:18, David Zeuthen wrote:
> > I haven't looked much into the details of the patch since yourself and
> > others are probably more familiar with this code. Go ahead and commit it
> > we'll figure out soon enough if something is wrong.
>
> Sorry (don't missunderstand this), but is this a joke? Commit it and we see
> soon enough if something is wrong? Maybe after the next release? ;-)

If the patch gets in... it will get testing... and a lot more attention
than if we would let it sit idling on the mailing list. It might even
provoke some needed feedback. Sure, if there is feedback (like from you)
on the patch before it's committed.. then much the better.. but this
patch have been sitting here for six days.

The next release is not going to happen anytime soon anyway (we normally
do releases every 1-2 months) and I expect distributors to be careful
when and if they ship CVS snapshots.

    David