hal-set-property from a callout broken

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Sun Jan 15 13:23:54 PST 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-15 at 12:40 -0500, Phillip Susi wrote:
> echo hal-set-property --udi $HAL_PROP_INFO_UDI --key block.device.pktcdvdnum --int $DEVNUM

You want to use $UDI instead of $HAL_PROP_INFO_UDI because of the fact
that the device is not yet in the store even though we already named it.

So $UDI should be of the form /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/temp/blah or
something. Btw, this is very deliberate as we want callouts to be able
to modify the device object before we announce it on the bus.

HTH,
David