gconf question

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Wed Jul 12 09:00:56 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 11:54 -0700, John Galloway wrote:
> On Jul 10, 2006, at 5:08 PM, David Zeuthen wrote:
> >
> > I added reading mount options from gconf to gnome-mount CVS HEAD
> > not so
> > long ago.
> I presume that if it does not find a gconf deamon running its happy
> to continue
> on without such?  I don't want to see gconf become a requirement as
> opposed to
> an option.

I'm pretty sure that the way gconf works is that when someone uses
libgconf, a gconf daemon (per-user) will be activated to service the
request. I also think the gconf daemon exits when no one is no longer
using it. I also think all this is subject to change when ORBit is
replaced by D-BUS (Nokia got patches IIRC). But I could be wrong.

    David