External addons: how to get HAL user, and install dirs (fdi and binary)

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 02:00:34 PDT 2006

Hi,

I wanted to make a patch against hal.pc, but I first prefer to get
some advices here.

I need to get the HAL user name and addon/fdi installation path for
integration purpose (ie, the upcoming addons generated by NUT, see my
following mail...).

I first looked at hal.pc (ie "pkg-config --variable=... hal")
but I'm not completly sure about the paths for the fdi file (should
point "20thirdparty" for external addons) and the addons binary path.

Any helpers existing / planned, or comments?

Arnaud