Getting UDI information after a device has been removed

Danny Budik dbudik at ist-traffic.com
Wed Mar 1 16:53:40 PST 2006

Hi all again,

I am wondering if it's possible to obtain UDI information about a device
that I just removed. For example, I have an Ipod plugged in. When I
remove it, I want to verify that it's an Ipod by reading the
vendor/product IDs.

I can get this information when I plug in a device, using
libhal_device_get_property_xxx(). When I tried to use that function
inside the hal_device_removed callback the error is:

No device with id
/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_547_1002_noserial_if0: Resource
temporarily unavailable

which makes sense. I removed the device, so why should it have a UDI
entry. But I still want to figure out that info.

Thanks.

--
Danny Budik
Systems Engineer