how to check if hal is ready

double-oh-viper double-oh-viper at dynamicc-welding.biz
Fri Mar 3 04:38:29 PST 2006

Hello,

Until now I haven't got any reaction on my question below.
My question now is why I'm getting no response to it. Is my question
stupid? Maybe not obvious? Or maybe there is no answer to solve it?
You could really help me out if you know something.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Peter

--

here's my question again:

Is there a possibility to check with hal if, for example an USB-stick,
is completely
ready (for using)?

Reason is that I want to check if there are 2 (suitable) volumes
available on the stick. If that is verified,
I can use the stick, otherwise, I cannot. The problem is that I can wait
for both volumes, but I don't know
how long to wait if they are not available.