Add a simple version of the toshiba acpi addon

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 12:22:55 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 15:19 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 18:25 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > * doc/spec/hal-spec.xml.in: Ammend the spec as now button.has_state
> > and button.type are not mandatory.
>
> Thanks, but I still think we need to list what buttons ButtonPressed
> supports... e.g.
>
>   Id:wifi-power
>   Meaning:Used for the user to disable/enable wireless operation
>
>   Id:brightness-up
>   Meaning:Used for the user to increase LCD brightness

> Without this it's difficult to
>
>  a) write apps that consume these; and
>
>  b) add support for other hardware
>
> We need to be precise about this.

Sorry, I misunderstood, I can add these.

Do you want these in hal-spec.xml.in or in a separate file?

Also, do you want some patches to split up hal-spec.xml.in a little --
it's getting very large. All I need to know is how to include a xml
docbook file inside another, i.e. to create an index.

Richard.