Information required: battery.technology

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 04:21:58 PST 2006

I need to know how your laptops describe their battery technology. Can
you please send a quick reply to me (not the list) with the output of:

lshal | grep battery.technology

For instance, my battery type is described as "Li-ION".

I'm aware that many different manufacturers use very different reporting
text internally in ACPI.

Having the conversion information, allows us to use this information in
HAL, so that the hal spec has a fixed list of types (e.g. "fuel-cell",
"lithium-ion", "lead", or "nickel") rather than the mess there is now. I
know of at least Li-ION, lion, li-ion being reported but I'm sure there
are others.

Thanks for the help,

Richard.