Information required: battery.technology

Artem Kachitchkine Artem.Kachitchkin at Sun.COM
Sun Mar 12 15:06:52 PST 2006

> I guess machines, in g-p-m I translate all these permutations to
> "Lithium Ion", but want to make the hal spec a bit more concrete and a
> bit less random so other stuff than g-p-m can benefit.

I'm just trying to clarify if this is beautification or has any functional
dependencies. From your words, there doesn't seem to be a standard for reporting
battery technology among battery vendors, so there will always be some creative
spellings HAL won't recognize. If that merely means that some GUI shows me
"unknown technology" or something, that's fine. OTOH, if there's program logic
based on this property and unrecognized technology means loss of functionality
to me, then we're getting ourselves into trouble by creating an illusion of
order in an inherently chaotic system.

-Artem.