mount helper in C committed

Ludwig Nussel ludwig.nussel at suse.de
Thu Mar 16 05:15:12 PST 2006

On Monday 06 March 2006 23:43, David Zeuthen wrote:
>  1. Should be a lot easier to audit and a lot more secure as it doesn't
>     pull in all of bash

I wouldn't say that in general.

>  2. Allow anything without '/' as valid mount point

mount happily accepts control characters in mount points. That
doesn't disturb the shell but unfortunately mount displays them if
you run it without parameters (or cat /etc/mtab /proc/mounts). So
you can have e.g. terminal escape sequences executed. I'd remove or
substitute non printable ascii characters. They are just binary
garbage after all.

cu
Ludwig

--
 (o_   Ludwig Nussel
 //\   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Development