PolKit starts after HAL

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Thu Mar 30 10:58:18 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 10:38 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> PolKit currently starts after hal, as both have level 98 in the init.d
> scripts.

This is somewhat Fedora / Red Hat OS specific.

> Attached patch changes PolKit to have a level of 96, and hence starts up
> before HAL.

But the system message bus is started at 97 so this is a no go I think.

> Is this the correct way of doing this?

I'm not sure it's a big problem we start after HAL as it's presently
only used for restricting callers doing method calls. Maybe some day
Fedora will have an init system that doesn't suck and we can fix it
then.

    David