novice callout question, no arg passing?

John Galloway jrg at dbengines.com
Mon May 1 15:24:25 PDT 2006

To have pluggable volumes mounted, it would seem all I have to do
(if I want to avoid any sort of mounter daemon, gnome-volume-manager
etc) is just add a callout to pmount-hal.  But callouts don't take
arguments
instead getting all HAL info in the environment, right?  So to have
the callout
effectively be "/usr/bin/pmount-hal $UDI", I have to actually have
the callout
be a script that calls pmount-hal with the UDI env var as above.  Or am
I missing something?  (I'll have to add the pumount side as well of
course).

The above works, I just wanted to see if the script is needed or if
there is
some way to pass a dynamic argument from the fdi file directly.  Say
like

<append key="info.callouts.add" type="strlist">/usr/bin/pmount-hal
$UDI</append>
or
<append key="info.callouts.add" type="strlist">/usr/bin/pmount-hal
@info.udi</append>

both of which of course just pass literal strings for those rather
than evaluating them.
   -jrg