Video PM methods

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue May 2 10:03:52 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 11:41 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 15:13 +0200, Danny.Kukawka at web.de wrote:
> > > Okay to commit? I want to get this in so we can start working out what
> > > adapters need to be added to the fdi files for specific workarounds.
> >
> > No, this is IMO the wrong way. We have already several lists with machines
> > where this is needed (e.g. s2ram). You should convert this white/blacklist first
> > to fdi-files before a commit and not add a _not_ needed methode (and also
> > allow to maybe _break_ a machine) to all intel machines (and again: IMO this
> > is not needed on the most machines).
>
> I'd like to see more fdi files too before we commit this.

Okay, no probs. I figured leave out the fdi file for now, and just merge
the script for easy testing for you guys, but that's up to you.

Danny, I notice the s2ram whitelist is matching the laptop machine
vendor and model -- is that more successful than just matching the video
card used on the machine?

Thanks,

Richard.