Look who's a committer now

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Wed May 10 19:31:35 PDT 2006

Now that I have a HAL CVS account, I'd like to tackle the job of moving
the tools scripts into OS subdirectories a la the hald backends.  In
FreeBSD the way we handle such things is for a CVS administrator to do a
repository copy so that the new files retain the history of their
obsolete counterparts.  I'm not sure if that's the case with fd.o or
HAL.

Basically, my plan is to create tools/solaris and tools/freebsd to go
along with tools/linux.  I will then move the relevant tools into those
subdirectories.  What I think must be moved are the following:

hal-luks* (linux only)
hal-storage-mount.c
hal-system*

The rest I don't necessarily thing need to be moved, but I will be
willing to move anything people think is relevant.  Anything left in
tools/ will be considered common.

Once I get the tools compartmentalized, I will start work on merging the
FreeBSD-specific patches into our tools directory.

Is this something I can get permission to do?  If so, do you guys do the
repocopy thing, or should I just cvs rm/cvs add?  Thanks.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome at FreeBSD.org