Laptop Panel brightness control

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun May 14 12:37:18 PDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 18:45 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-05-14 at 17:28 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > I can work on the g-p-m half of the problem (i.e. read this key) when
> > the keyname is agreed. David, Danny, it looks okay?
>
> Looks good to commit. Thanks.

Done, thanks.

2006-05-14  Richard Hughes  <richard at hughsie.com>

	* doc/spec/hal-spec-properties.xml:
	* fdi/policy/10osvendor/10-laptop-panel-mgmt-policy.fdi:
	On some laptops, the brightness control is all done in hardware
	but the hardware also synthesizes keypresses when the brightness is
	changed.
	If laptop_panel.brightness_in_hardware is set true, then any
	power manager software should not attempt to set any new values on
	brightness keypress, as it may cause the panel to flash uncontrollably.
	This patch sets the aforementioned key for the IBM ThinkPad X31.

Richard.