Crash with hal

walter.muellner at telering.at walter.muellner at telering.at
Tue Nov 14 06:42:16 PST 2006

----- Nachricht von danny.kukawka at web.de ---------
     Datum: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 19:52:05 +0100
       Von: Danny Kukawka <danny.kukawka at web.de>
Antwort an: Danny Kukawka <danny.kukawka at web.de>
   Betreff: Re: Crash with hal
        An: hal at lists.freedesktop.org

----- Ende der Nachricht von danny.kukawka at web.de
-----

Hi again,

I had a look at bug #8884 - seems like the same
problem. I changed hald_dbus.c in the mentioned
may - and it works (YEAH!).

Unfortunately this quick and dirty fix seems not
to be the correct solution - but a small step
towards it?

This problem is related to some changes between
hal 0.5.7.1 and 0.5.8.0 - hal 0.5.7.1, udev 103
and dbus 1.0 are working on my SuSE 10.0 (at
least for my purposes).

One thing to mention too: udev, hal and dbus are
created from SuSE-SRPMs (updated with the current
tarballs) ...

Walter