HAL state after suspend

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 00:54:56 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 07:05 +0300, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:

> How can I tell HAL to rescan for hardware changes after resume? ATM I have
> notebook, that had near to empty battery before suspending to disk. Now
> battery is full (as long as I van believe indicators) but kpowersave still
> shows it empty.

It should already refresh after resume. What hal version do you have?
You might also need a recent kernel patch on some hardware.
If battery state does not "correct itself", then this might be a
kpowersave problem. Do you still get events from "lshal -m" after
resume?

> Of course it may indicate problem somewhere else (powersaved, acpid?).
>
> I used to restart haldaemon on resume, but then this results in kpowersave
> wranings usually about lost connection so it is not really an option either.

I'm not sure you should restart hal at resume, that caused a few
problems with gnome-power-manager and HAL.

Richard.