Video adapter resuming

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 10:55:02 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 12:38 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 17:34 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > I can quickly add another entry for prefix and suffix if you like, and
> > add it to the fdi parsing file also.
>
> Sounds good to me. Probably adding prefix_ncase and suffix_ncase too is
> a good idea while you're at it. Thanks.

Done everything. :-)

I've added the prefix and suffix stuff, and pushed the fdi video data.
I've taken more machines from the suspend project CVS, but I'm sure to
have missed some.

You can use --disable-video for hal-info if you don't want to ship the
video data. Now, we need to do the glue for pm-utils. I'm thinking the
obvious is best:

pm-suspend --vbemode --vbesave --dpmsoff --s3mode etc

Also, we need to process the values of power_management.quirk.s3_bios
(but we can get these from the environment strings) and then pass them
as arguments to pm-*. Any ideas on how to do this with bash?

Thanks,

Richard.