Hal and fuse filesystem support

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 10:43:38 PDT 2006

On 10/4/06, David Zeuthen <david at fubar.dk> wrote:

> Think this was fixed with this commit

Cool. I tried using the ntfs-fuse gnome-vfs module a few weeks back
with hal-0.5.7 and thought it was broken.

> as you can see, but we need to pass the right mount options so it's
> readable by the user - do you know what mount options are good to pass
> so the user can read/write to the NTFS partition?
>
> Please let me know so I can add the right bits to the hal property
> volume.mount.valid_options, cf.
>
>  http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=hal.git;a=blob;hb=HEAD;f=fdi/policy/10osvendor/20-storage-methods.fdi

I'm not sure what the safest options to pass are, but it seems that
the charset settings need to be allowed for ntfs in general. For the
ntfs driver, this appears to be nls= or the deprecated iocharset=.

http://kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=blob;hb=HEAD;f=Documentation/filesystems/ntfs.txt

For ntfs-fuse, the setting is locale=.

http://man.linux-ntfs.org/ntfsmount.8.html

For both, fmask and dmask would be nice. I don't know about the write
permissions.

--
Dan