Storage probing problem

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Wed Oct 4 12:41:56 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-04 at 22:32 +0300, S.Çağlar Onur wrote:
> 04 Eki 2006 Çar 22:28 tarihinde, David Zeuthen şunları yazmıştı:
> > Just going through the code, I think the attached patch might fix it.
> > Any chance you can test this?
>
> Of course, I'll push into package and sent to our users, will report back

Thanks. I think the issue is that the users who run into this have
broken partition extended tables, e.g. we error out in the function
part_table_probe_msdos_extended() and thus return NULL for the extended
partition table. We then stuff a NULL pointer into the entries list and
that's causing the crash. This patch should fix at least the crashes.

What is the impact of broken partition tables for those users? Well,
only that they'll miss some volume.partition.* properties. No biggie at
this point in the game. We should probably report somewhere that the
partition table is detected as being broken. Hmm... will think about
that.

Anyway, let me know if this works. Thanks.

     David