Build notes on hal 0.5.8

Mark Rosenstand mark at borkware.net
Tue Sep 12 13:33:17 PDT 2006

Hi David and list,

I've given hal 0.5.8 a spin and noticed two minor glitches with the
installation:

  - Upstream pciutils seem to have replaced pciids with pciids.gz as of
    version 2.2.4, which causes the configure script to bail out. It
    seems that I'm not alone thinking this is a bit silly, so perhaps
    they can be convinced to revert that behaviour. In any case,
    support/workaround in hal would be nice.

  - The $sysconfdir/PolicyKit files are installed even when disabling
    support for PolicyKit.

Appart from that, everything seems to work fine, and it's very nice to
finally see my floppy drive in nautilus without having to keep it as a
static fstab entry. Rock on! :)