acpid

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 00:52:01 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-15 at 07:37 +0100, samata talera wrote:

Please send text only mail, not HTML. HTML mail gets sent straight to my
Junk Mail.

> i was goin thru the code of hald/linux2/addons/addon-acpi.c,
> the code says that it first tries to take the events from the kernel
> itself i.e. from the /proc/acpi/events else from the acpid i.e from
> the /var/run/acpid.socket.

The addon can use either acpid or the kernel event source for
information.

> In the kernel case it checks only for the battery,ac_adaptor and
> button and if the control goes to the acpid thru socket (as mentioned
> earlier) then it checks for the cpu_frequency and many more ...
> so in my case if i want to write my own power manager i shud trace
> the /hald/linux2/addon-acpi.c or the acpid daemon itself...

Depends what you want to achieve. You need to give us more information
about what you want to do. Personally I would just use dbus messages
from hal (try doing lshal in a terminal) and base a manager on that.

> if i sound confusing sorry for the inconvenience .

No problem.

Richard.