hal 0.5.8.1 released

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 15:22:07 PDT 2006

On 9/19/06, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:

> > I think the story was that clemens forked cryptsetup,
> >
> >  http://luks.endorphin.org/
> >
> > to put his LUKS stuff in there. In Fedora I believe we only ship the
> > clemens version under the RPM name 'cryptsetup-luks'. Bill (Cc'ed) might
> > know more.
>
> That's correct.

Excellent, thanks. Maybe the note should be restated that you need
cryptsetup-luks rather than the original cryptsetup. I know I ran a
couple fruitless google searches looking for these LUKS patches.

Also, it seems that the cryptsetup author has acknowledged that
cryptsetup-luks has deprecated his tool. Maybe the note isn't even
necessary.

http://www.saout.de/misc/dm-crypt/

--
Dan