Multiseat Support in HAL

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Fri Sep 22 16:56:16 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 08:44 -0700, Artem Kachitchkine wrote:
> > That's pretty interesting. Just out of curiosity, does this mean that
> > you don't use in-kernel USB storage / file system drivers for USB
> > storage on Sun Ray?.
>
> Yes, Sun Ray USB storage driver is in userland. The filesystem drivers
> used are standard kernel drivers. So essentially what's being channeled
> to the kernel is not USB frames, but data blocks.

Quick question. Are these exported in the Solaris HAL bits, and if they
are, will the new "edit partition table" code we're adding [1] going to
work? Because that would be awesome, I mean, for SunRay users.

    David

[1] : This commit

 http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=hal.git;a=commit;h=989e1bcc472cd7c130ae828e7d5d2ca81ee300db

although we've yet to export the juicy bits on a D-Bus interface.