volume.ignore vs mount privilege

Artem Kachitchkine Artem.Kachitchkin at Sun.COM
Mon Sep 25 10:18:25 PDT 2006

> There are also some other reasons to have this currently. We have this in SUSE
> for all not hotpluggable harddisk partitions to avoid problems and data
> destruction with e.g. Multipath, SAN or OCFS2/CSM/evms.

In Solaris we'll ignore storage rather than volumes:

     <match key="storage.removable" bool="false">
       <match key="storage.hotpluggable" bool="false">
         <merge key="info.ignore" type="bool">true</merge>
       </match>
     </match>

This way the fixed disk nodes are never even touched by HAL.

-Artem.