Next CK release?

William Jon McCann mccann at jhu.edu
Tue Apr 3 10:33:55 PDT 2007

On 4/3/07, Michael Biebl <mbiebl at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/4/3, William Jon McCann <mccann at jhu.edu>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 4/3/07, Michael Biebl <mbiebl at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Is there already a date for the next (0.2.1?) CK release?
> > > Are there any not yet implemented new features that should go into the
> > > next release or will it be a mostly bug fix only release?
> >
> > The feature that was blocking the release is now in git:
> > http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=ConsoleKit.git;a=commit;h=80dc652115e275a95b05bb6809825cc324d9475a
> >
> > Please test it if you can.  I'll shoot for a release tomorrow.
>
> Sure, no problem.
> Seems to work fine so far.
> Only problem I noticed is, that using the pam_ck_connector module, always
> lists the session as ACTIVE=FALSE, is-local = FALSE:
>
> Session1:
>         uid = '1000'
>         realname = 'Michael Biebl'
>         seat = 'Seat2'
>         session-type = ''
>         active = FALSE
>         x11-display = ''
>         x11-display-device = ''
>         display-device = '/dev/tty2'
>         remote-host-name = ''
>         is-local = FALSE
>         on-since = '2007-04-03T16:58:40Z
>
> even if I'm active on tty1.
> gdm+X11 works as expected though:
> Whenever I lock the screen, switch the user etc. the session is marked
> non-active.

That's odd.  The only time that the pam module should report is-local
== FALSE is when PAM_RHOST is set.  This should only happen for remote
logins.

Are you sure you don't have an old version of the pam module or the
connector lib somewhere?  We changed the install dir defaults
recently.

Otherwise this is probably a good time to see if the new debugging
system works.  Run:
pkill -USR1 -f console-kit-daemon

and then do another login and see what syslog puts in your daemon
facility output.

> P.S:
> Would it be possible to preserve the state during consolekit upgrades/restarts?
> consolekit could store it's state in /var/lib/ on stop and reevalute
> it on start.
>
> It's a bit unfortunate atm that I have to log out / log in each time
> console-kit-daemon is restarted.

It has been mentioned before and should be possible.  I'd very likely
accept a patch that does this.

Thanks,
Jon