hal 0.5.9 "Precipice" => LUKS mount broken ?

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Tue Apr 3 10:36:29 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 18:04 +0200, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> I've just got report of LUKS mount not working properly on Mandriva
> 2007
> Spring rc3 (which is still using hal 0.5.9rc2) but I was able to
> reproduce the problem with hal 0.5.9 final :
>
> in hal-luks-setup, locked_out is called when hal-is-caller-locked-out is
> NOT returning 1 ($RET != 1), which seems to contradict API for
> access_check_caller_locked_out which states "Returns: TRUE iff the
> caller is locked out".
>
> Can somebody else confirm (or not) my analysis ?

I can confirm this. I've also committed a fix for this on a new
hal-0_5_9-branch (and on the master branch too):

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=hal.git;a=commitdiff;h=55256f3d56e3317b3e1efbf84f732b9464eacf8a

Please confirm that it works for you. Vendors should pick up patches
from the new branch. We'll probably do a 0.5.9.1 maintenance release in
a few weeks. Thanks.

    David