gnome-mount woes

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 03:29:17 PDT 2007

I've just inserted a 2G usb pendrive.

gnome-mount mounted it as root access only due (I think) to it being
marked as a removable hard-drive.

I then added the mountpoint as /media/disk (followed the example), and
added user into the mount options, unmounted and removed the disk.

Now when I plug in the disk it tells me I can't have newlines or / chars
in the mount path. I guess I should have put "disk" rather
than /media/disk, but gnome-mount didn't warn me about the slashes when
I entered the path, nor can I change the settings now as the drive won't
mount.

Short question: where does gnome-mount store the per-device settings so
I can remove the slashes?

This is with hal from git, gnome-mount from git.

Thanks,

Richard