gnome-mount woes

Artem Kachitchkine Artem.Kachitchkin at Sun.COM
Wed Apr 11 11:50:33 PDT 2007

> Sounds good - some will need HAL changes; e.g. now we hardcode the mount
> root to /media - it's probably fine to allow additional mount roots that
> the user have write access to. Needs some security checks there though.

Yep, a no-brainer, just need to be careful.

> Things like mounting into $HOME can be tricky with NFS home though. So
> perhaps we want to make sure people don't shoot themselves in the foot.

As far as I can tell, nothing terrible would happen, should the network
act up. Will need to test it, of course. Again, as long as we agree on
the overall approach, implementation is just footwork.

-Artem.