Ignoring fixed partitions which are not mounted in /media

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 15:23:18 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 18:24 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
>     volume.is_firmware_partition
>     (I had a few other examples in mind but I can't remember
>      them right now. Ideas?)

volume.is_system_backup_partition

This is common with Lenovo laptops and Asus PC's (and other OEMs) where
one partion is about one 1Gb in size and just has a single 800-900Mb
restore iso. Not sure if it's useful to show this, or even to hide it.

>    probably still keep support for volume.ignore around in
>    Mount() to e.g. bail out on any attempt if volume.ignore
>    is set.
>
>  - with PolicyKit, gnome-mount can now do stuff like this
>    http://people.freedesktop.org/~david/polkit-take-3.png ; or
>    http://people.freedesktop.org/~david/polkit-auth-other-programs.png
>    (this is sorta/kind work in progress)

Rock!

> I plan to release 0.5.10 along with some useful PolicyKit release in no
> more than 2-3 months. Would something like this work for everyone?

I'll start playing more with PolicyKit again after my exams.

Richard.