Ignoring fixed partitions which are not mounted in /media

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Wed Apr 18 16:26:18 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 23:47 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 18:44 -0400, Doug Goldstein wrote:
> >
> > I've seen Dell's with two. The restore/blah iso and then Dell's system
> > test utilities.
>
> So we should hide these.

Well, I think we just want to tag these; but yeah, gnome-vfs, KDE etc.
should interpret the new properties we come up with and then hide such
partitions by default, yeah. (that's probably what you meant)

> Is there any metric that can be found for new
> hal-info rules? or instance, what about specific partition name, IIRC
> the ASUS partition was called SYSTREST or something suitably odd that is
> likely to have few false-positives.

It's probably a good idea to move this to hal-info yes. Currently it's
in HAL itself

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=hal.git;a=blob;h=b2b190f627363a7811b20acf5179a5371e2a5109;hb=b2ee178b46b40d6f5e1ff77d7ec36424f859e5c3;f=fdi/policy/10osvendor/20-storage-methods.fdi

but it shouldn't be hard to move... (btw, for Fedora Rawhide / 7,
hal-info is now in it's own SRPM!)

     David