Video4Linux device capabilities

Guillem Jover guillem.jover at nokia.com
Mon Apr 23 14:47:05 PDT 2007

Hi,

I was checking the v4l support as the n770 has a radio and webcam, and
the n800 has a webcam, and saw that some time ago [0] the capabilities
of the v4l devices were exposed through some keys under the multimedia
namespace, but that was removed [1] after some cleanup, the only reason
I could find in the changelog was that the functionality was going to
be reimplemented in the new code, and then it was forgotten?

If that's it, I could ressurrect the code by Kay and put the v4l
capabilities namespacesd in the info.capabilities key, after
discussion of which cap names would be appropriate.

regards,
guillem

[0] commit b4c66c180901dd658f8d9ee3d9f434fa12464279
[1] commit d208bb1397471f7a1cb55013f4c82e202310af46