hal: Branch 'master' - 2 commits

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Tue Apr 24 12:11:02 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 23:43 +0200, Danny Kukawka wrote:
> Would it not make more sence that the bluez package would provide the prober
> and HAL would provide a infrastructure to allow other packages to attach a
> prober to the device detection (maybe in this case a addon/callout would also
> work, not complete sure about this atm)?
>
> If there is not really a need to do this in the probing the bluez daemon could
> listen to hal and set the needed keys automatically as networkmanager should
> (as we discussed in the past - I know this is not implemented yet, but it
> should) set information back to HAL.
>
> This would prevent to start a prober if the needed bluez daemon is not
> installed in the system.

Perhaps. I'll plan to revisit this before 0.5.10; I'm not completely
sure either why we need to get anything from the Bluez daemon FWIW. I
think it has to do with the fact that they store settings system-wide
(e.g. not per user); but have been unsuccesful thus far to explain to
the Bluez folks why this is bad bad bad...

     David