Status of Policy Kit

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 09:14:04 PDT 2007

On 4/25/07, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I am working on extending the GNOME lockdown framework as a part of my
> Google SoC project[1], and I was wondering if someone could tell me
> what the status of PolicyKit and the associated GUI as outlined in
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/hal/2006-January/004377.html is.

I can't really give you any specifics, but it seems David started a
major rewrite of PolicyKit about a month ago.

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=PolicyKit.git;a=summary

> PS: I was browsing the list archives and came across a message which
> pointed to a few files like
> http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=hal.git;a=blob;hb=HEAD;f=privileges/hal-device-file.priv
> However, that link gives me a "403 Forbidden - Error lookup file."

Looks like the files got shuffled around a bit (I think).

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=hal.git;a=blob;hb=HEAD;f=policy/hal-device-file.policy

--
Dan