Creating a devince information file

Greg Allen GAllen at arrayinc.com
Tue Aug 7 10:47:43 PDT 2007

Hello,

I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question. I've been looking for
the answer for
a few days on the web with no luck, so I decided to try this list.

I want to create a device information file for my device. I have seen
the HAL specification
on the wiki and know what information will be required.  However, how
exactly do I create the
XML file itself?

I could just use and editor and try to create the XML by hand, but that
seems error prone
and time consuming. Is there a schema somewhere that can be used to
validate the file?

Are there utilities somewhere that help you actually create them?

This seems like such a basic thing, but I've found no references to
creating one of these
things from scratch.  I can't even find many examples that I could start
from.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

-- Greg Allen