Quirks on IBM T42p

Jim Wang n33ed at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 2 07:02:53 PDT 2007

I unintentionally installed Mandriva Spring 2007 on my T42p - I was just running drakrpm updates, and should have been suspicious when it said there were 300+ new RPMS!  (I really just want to stay with Mandriva 2007, honest, I really didn't want these advanced "quirks").

Anyway, after that lengthy debacle, my suspend/resume (by closing the lid) ceased to work - it would suspend, but not resume.  Thanks to Richard's pages, I may have a solution.

As he suggests, I tried:

# lshal | grep system.hardware

and created this section in /usr/share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop/20-video-quirk-pm-ibm.fdi:

          true
          true

(sorry the line spacing may not come out quite right)

Then I verified with:

# service haldaemon restart
# lshal | grep quirk
  power_management.quirk.s3_bios = true  (bool)
  power_management.quirk.s3_mode = true  (bool)

And the real test:

# pm-suspend --quirk-s3-bios --quirk-s3-mode

Works !