HAL and ASUS ACPI

Nicolas Trangez eikke at eikke.com
Tue Aug 14 15:04:25 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 01:50 +0200, Nicolas Trangez wrote:
> Then I decided to rework the driver and not to use in-driver mapping
> tables, but instead use HAL to remap the keys based on an FDI file. The
> driver branch is here[2].
This branch works fine now, when using the FDI file I'll send in an
upcoming email. No key mapping data is kept inside the kernel driver at
all.
There's one issue:
hal-setup-keymap: parsed 0x08a:tv to (0xffff210a, 377)
hal-setup-keymap: failed to set scancode ffff210a to keycode 377:
Invalid argument
Why would 0x08a become 0xffff210a? Could this be a bug in
hal-setup-keymaps?

hal-setup-keymaps works fine.
HAL gets the events and sends out signals.
xev seems to get the events, but I got some keymap issues I guess
because there are no keypresses recognized. Any ideas?

Nicolas