Patch: adding example for define_admin_auth

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Tue Aug 28 10:35:53 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 22:18 -0400, Ken VanDine wrote:
> I had a tough time figuring out how to allow admin with the wheel
> group, so I created a patch adding an example to the PolicyKit.conf
> man page for it.

Technically it's not "allow everything to anyone in the wheel group",
it's simply configuring PolicyKit to avoid asking for the root password
and instead asking an user in the given group (in this instance wheel)
to authenticate instead. I've added an example to clarify this

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=PolicyKit.git;a=commitdiff;h=61b3adc5b393b4070c19818f558dd76ac4b4d880
http://hal.freedesktop.org/docs/PolicyKit/rn05re18.html

Thanks,
David