ConsoleKit becomes unkillable on shutdown

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 28 22:17:28 PDT 2007

When shutting down the CK daemon on FreeBSD, it immediately consumes
100% of the CPU, and remains in a waitvt state until the box is
rebooted.  This is because all of the VT monitor threads are executing
the VT_WAITACTIVE ioctl.  I've tried a few things to try and workaround
this, but I haven't found anything that works.

Would it be possible to poll for the active VT, and only queue an event
when the active VT is the one being monitored by the given thread?  For
example, the ck_wait_for_active_console_num() function could be changed
to query the current active VT in a loop, calling sleep or usleep
between polls, and only return to the caller on error or when the VT
becomes the desired number.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome at FreeBSD.org