PolicyKit

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Thu Dec 6 11:29:08 PST 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 08:28 -0800, Saleem Abdulrasool wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
>
> > I'm running gentoo on amd64 and biuld PolicyKit-0.6
> > How can i build PolicyKit without pam ? I don't have pam in my system
> > (no packages need them)
>
> The next release of PolicyKit will remove the hard dependency on PAM.  The code
> is currently in the git repo for PolicyKit.

No, it is not. Piter PUNK (Cc'ed) privately mailed me some code some
time ago which is not yet committed as

 1) it's not in diff(1) format
 2) lacks build system integration
 3) needs security review

Before we can review this (and we need to do so carefully; this is
extremely security sensitive code) at least 1) or 2) needs to be
fixed. The code Piter wrote is attached here. Anyone willing to work on
this? Thanks.

     David