Strange ACL behaviour when last user logout

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at mandriva.com
Fri Dec 7 00:18:31 PST 2007

Le jeudi 06 décembre 2007 à 14:59 -0500, David Zeuthen a écrit :
> On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 17:22 +0100, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I'm currently testing ACL management, before enabling it in Mandriva
> > cooker, and I discovered hal-acl-tool --reconfigure doesn't remove ACL
> > when the last user on the system logout (ie its CK session is finished).
> >
> > using getfacl show ACL are still in place for this user.
> >
> > Is it wanted ?
>
> No, this is likely because of a bug in hal-acl-tool and a very hard one
> to track down. There's a ton of bugs in the Fedora bugzilla about it
> too.

Hehe..

> It seems that hal-acl-tool sometime crashes (like < 0.1% of the time;
> it's very difficult to reproduce). Even worse sometimes it produces
> garbage in /var/lib/hal/acl-list which causes subsequent hal-acl-tool
> invocations to also segfault at startup.
>
> This is something I'm planning to track down and fix this week. Will
>
> Or maybe you're seeing another bug :-)

Hmm, it is not a random bug but a consistent bug (ie hal-acl-tool
doesn't crash) :

-login as root
-run hal-acl-tool --remove-all to make sure you are in a consistent
state
-login as user
-check acl as correctly set to this user
-logout as user
-as root, check acl => they are still there and /var/lib/hal/acl-list is
still stating all ACL.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at mandriva.com>
Mandriva