[rfc] ConsoleKit enhancements

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 02:50:38 PST 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 19:35 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> The idea I've got includes adding these methods and signals to the
> Session interface
>
>  signals:
>    signal ActiveChanging (bool is_being_activated,
>                           bool finished_suspending,
>                           string cookie2)

Why not just have different signals?

>  methods:
>    string RegisterActivationHandler ()
>      Register with the system; returns a cookie

String type for a cookie? In bot g-p-m and g-s we use a random uint32.

>  - g-p-m can use this to a) save state (e.g. LCD brightness); and b)
>    restore it again without having several instances racing for it

Sounds good. I'll start adding ConsoleKit support into g-p-m when I
branch for 2.19.

> I really think we need something like this. Perhaps my API above isn't
> perfect; I welcome comments :-) - Thoughts?

Generally good. I really want to get 0.5.9 out of the door before we
work too much on new stuff. :-)

Richard.